We manufacture and supply modern, technologically-advanced Optical-Electronic Systems and Proprietary Solutions to the most scrupulous and demanding professional customers
Professional Night Vision, Thermal Imaging, Fusion, Hybrid, Multi-Spectral Systems Manufacturer Since 1992
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada | Tel.: +1.905.850.0990
A. Limited Warranty
During more than 30 years in the business, General Starlight Company Inc., has fine-tuned their products to such a stage allowing them to offer the longest in the industry, hassle-free warranty for a period of seven (7) years from the original date of purchase. This warranty provides the original purchaser/owner of GSCI made products to be free of genuine manufacturer’s defects in the materials or workmanship of the whole optical/electronic/mechanical assembly and limited only with coverage of certain components provided by the OEM described in position C.8.
B. Warranty Adjustments
In the event of any malfunction or defect, General Starlight Company Inc. will repair or replace this product at their discretion, free of charge, within the warranty period. This shall be the exclusive remedy for the purchaser under this warranty. Notice of the defect shall be given to General Starlight Company Inc. or to the place where the device was purchased, within 10 days of discovery in writing via e-mail. The original invoice is required to validate the warranty. Any and all devices returned for warranty service must be evaluated by GSCI’s Technical Control Department to determine that they have been operated as per their designation, and that the defect is truly due to faulty materials or workmanship.
C. Exclusions and Limitations
1. General Starlight Company Inc. shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages related to the sale or use of the product.
2. General Starlight Company Inc. liability shall be limited to the obligation to repair or replace defective products set forth above.
3. To the extent, all other implied warranties and conditions, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of purpose, are excluded and disclaimed. This refers to, but not limited to, any lost profits, general/specific/direct/indirect/consequential damages that may result from breach of warranty, the use or inability to use any GSCI product.
4. This warranty does not cover, and furthermore disclaims any responsibility and liability for the operator’s bodily harm or death, that may occur while operating any GSCI products.
5. Any product which has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, or improper use in violation of the warnings and restrictions contained in the owner’s manual, operating instructions or common sense/knowledge how to operate with optical electronic systems, is not covered by this warranty
6. The product’s malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear and tear, is not covered by this warranty. This includes but not limiting optical mechanical parts of the system, front lens covers, rubber eyecups, mounting brackets, etc.
7. Any product which has been altered or repaired by anyone other than the repair personnel at General Starlight Company Inc., or any product whose serial number, model number, or identification has been removed, defected, or altered, is not covered by this warranty.
8. Due to the fact that GSCI does not manufacture components such as IITs (Image Intensifier Tubes), FPAs (Focal Plane Arrays), LED / OLED Displays, LRF Modules, the warranty coverage on the above mentioned components is inherited from the OEM and subsequently transferred to the end user of the device. The period of that warranty is one (1) year.
9. All GSCI products are built in accordance to and fully comply with the listed GSCI specifications. All electronic, mechanical and optical parts in this system have been fully tested, aligned and calibrated at the manufacturing facility. However, due to GSCI’s limited ability to conduct the final mounting and zeroing of the Weapon Mountable systems on the end user’s firearm or day time scope, GSCI waives and discards all claims related to the difficulties, discrepancies and/or inability of the end user the proper mounting and zeroing of the system.
10. Each and all GSCI products are tested for functionality in combination with designated accessories and for designated applications, discarding any claims relevant to improper combining or to combining incompatible devices or accessories.
11. Any product that has been exported outside the boundaries of Canada without a proper Government license is not covered by this warranty.
12. This warranty does not cover any product that has been exported to a final end user/destination other than listed on the applicable and approved by Canadian Government export license. If GSCI made product has been purchased through one of GSCI Authorized International Distributors, then proof of such purchase must accompany any warranty related request or claim. Otherwise all claims are null and void, equipment may be serviced for the cost.
13. The United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods is specifically excluded and is not applicable in any manner.
D. Warranty Service Procedure
Do not return merchandise without an expressed permission from a GSCI Customer Service Representative, via a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). The RMA will include a reference number and the issue for which the product is returned, which will be evaluated alongside the product by the Technical Control Department. GSCI waives any responsibility for the unauthorized returns (those not accompanied by the RMA). Any cost such as shipping charges, duties, taxes which may occur due to incorrect shipping method must be covered by the Shipper.
All items returned for exchange, upgrade, repair, or other service must be accompanied by all the accessories, original packaging, and shipping and insurance prepaid both ways. Further if the item has been found defective in materials and workmanship, then GSCI will cover shipping back expenses.
Items received by GSCI without RMA, with missing parts or accessories, damaged due to inadequate packaging on return, or customer’s abuse (i.e. bearing scratches or cracks, burned IIT or FPA, broken lens) will be refused and/or returned back to the customer or repaired at full cost at the following rate: $80USD per hour of labour + cost of parts.
To activate your warranty please complete the Warranty Activation Form.
*GSCI Limited Warranty is null and void if the Warranty Activation Form is not submitted to GSCI within one (1) month or thirty (30) calendar days after product’s receipt.
GSCI Advanced Photonics | Vaughan, Ontario, Canada | Tel.: +1.905.850.0990 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GSCI and the Globe Logo are the registered trademarks of General Starlight Company Inc. Copyright © 1992-2023 General Starlight Co., Inc. All rights reserved.